A Ninja’s Guide to Spring Break
Skiing in the West
Since we’re based in Colorado, we’re kind of biased, let’s start with skiing in the west. If you dream of floating on fresh powder, sunny skies, and cool vibes, then a spring break ski trip to Colorado and/or Utah is ideal. Spring skiing is what all us moms dream of, blue skies, soft snow and happy kids.
Fly into Denver International Airport, and plan few days in the mountains and a few days on the front range – that way you can hit the slopes AND the ninja gyms! Choose from world-class ski resorts such as Breckenridge, Keystone, Winter Park (a personal fave), Copper, Arapahoe Basin or Loveland. Vail is a fantastic choice, but a little pricey, and Aspen and Steamboat Springs are just too far away, in our humble opinion.
For the remaining days, plan to hit these Colorado ninja gyms:
- Ninja Intensity (Austin Gray coaches here)
- Ninja Nation – Lafayette (lots of Junior Ninjas train here)
- Ninja Nation – Centennial
- Warrior Playground
- Flow Vault (Lorin Ball’s gym)
- Altitude Ninja
- Warrior Challenge Arena (lots of Junior Ninjas train here)
- Pinnacle Academy
- APEX Denver
- 5280 Ninja
As with all our Destinations, please contact the gym in advance for the most up-to-date open gym times.
While Colorado skiing often gets all the press, the powder in Utah can be soooo sweet. In fact, ninja (and gym owner) Wally Roskelley says it’s the best in the world.
Fly into Salt Lake City International Airport, and from there you can easily access a number of incredible resorts, including Deer Valley, Solitude, Alta, Snowbird, Sundance and others.
While there, be sure to hit up these ninja gyms in Utah:
- Ninja Warehouse – Ogden (Karson Voiles gym)
- Ninja Warehouse – Salt Lake City (Karson Voiles gym)
- The Ninja Playground (Wally Roskelley’s gym)
Tip: If you have extra time on your trip, take the 4 hour drive to the southwestern part of the state in Washington, UT to visit Brian Beckstrand’s gym, The Grip!
I-10 Road Trip Across the South
Road tripping is not for the faint of heart, but for those of us who love it, it can be soooo fun. One trip we’d personally like to take is on 1-10 along the Gulf of Mexico. From Jacksonville, Florida to Austin, Texas (15 hours) you can experience beaches, food and good ol’ southern hospitality. Come to find out, there are quite a few ninja gyms along the way, too! Don’t miss a stop in New Orleans for some creole cuisine and city strolling.
Here are the ninja gyms you can visit:
- Mighty Orion Fitness – Jacksonville, FL
- F.R.O.G. Ninja Academy – Crestview, FL
- Ninja Life – Pensacola, FL
- NOLA Muscle Park – Harrahan, LA
- Obstacle Warrior Kids – Conroe, TX
- Parkour Ninjas – San Antonio, TX
- Ninja City – Boerne, TX
- Austin Ninjas – Austin, TX
- Austin Ninjas Cedar Park – Austin, TX
- The Jungle Movement Academy – Round Rock, TX
Ah, the beach. It’s the quintessential spring break destination. Who doesn’t love warming up after a long, cold winter? Well, we have a few ninja gyms near the beach you can visit. Check them out here!
Fly Into Miami
Salsa dancing, Cuban food, and a lively scene makes Miami a multi-cultural destination which will surely get you fired up for some ninja training.
Hit these Florida ninja gyms:
Fly Into LAX
The California vibe is a whole different scene! A trip to the golden state would not be complete without a day at Disneyland, some time at Muscle Beach and of course some time at the ninja gyms.
Here are California ninja gyms to visit:
Roller Coaster Road Trip in Ohio
Did you know Ohio is home to Cedar Point and Kings Island, two of the biggest and best amusement parks in the world? In addition to these well-known amusement parks, the great state of Ohio boasts dozens more. There are both indoor and outdoor water parks, zoos, wildlife parks, and safari-like locations. Needless to say, a trip to Ohio is guaranteed to keep everyone in your family happy! Best of all, you can divide all your activities up and hit your favorite attractions between Cleveland and Cincinnati, which are only about a 4-hour road trip apart.
Here are the Ohio ninja gyms to visit along the way:
- USA Ninja Challenge – Cincinnati, OH
- Nati Ninja Obstacle Course Training Center – Blue Ash, OH
- Ninjobstacles – Centerville, OH
- Explosive Ninjas – Lewis Center, OH
- Ninja Hub – Canton, OH
- Warrior Warehouse Fitness & Obstacle Training Center – Boardman, OH
- Xtreme Ninja Warrior – Brunswick, OH
Hiking in North Carolina
If hiking is your thing, then you’ll love the trail systems of William B. Umstead State Park, located between Raleigh and Durham. There are more than twenty miles of hiking trails. You can choose between a short stroll along a nature trail or a more extensive hike into the woods. And, with mild temperatures and a lush landscape, you really can’t go wrong hanging out in the woods with your family for some nature.
Ninja also happens to be huge in North Carolina with ninja gyms popping up at a rapid pace. According to Kim of Warrior Tech OCR, #NinjaCarolina is REAL.
Ready to hit the trail? Don’t miss out on these North Carolina ninja gyms:
- Kinetic Heights – Charlotte, NC
- Level Up – Thomasville, NC
- Warrior Tech OCR – Morrisville, NC (The Papercut Ninja’s gym)
- Rock Solid Warrior – Fuquay Varina, NC (owned by the Auer family)
The fact of the matter is you could turn any sort of ninja trip into a fun all-around trip when you go in with a sense of adventure and a little research. Be sure to check our ninja gym map to find a Destination to explore. And, of course, never leave home without your Ninja Passport! Sign up for a membership here >>